Do you enjoy organising and hosting an event? Would you like to meet students from all over Europe? This is possible by applying for being the Organising Committee Coordinator of one of EFPSA’s 2020 Events! We are currently searching for Coordinators for EFPSA Academy, European Summer School and Train the Trainers 2020.
Does that sound exciting? Lucky you! You can read all about the events and how to apply below !
EFPSA Academy is a 3-day long event of non-formal education, during which about 25 youth volunteers from different NGOs within Europe will get the chance to develop specific skills that are relevant for their work in the NGO, by participating in high quality workshops and trainings delivered by professionals and NGO trainers. The theme of the EFPSA Academy changes for every edition, depending on the needs and current developments within youth NGOs. The theme of EFPSA Academy 2020 will be established shortly by the EFPSA Training Office.
European Summer School
The 14th annual edition of the European Summer School (ESS) will be held next year in July. During this one-week event students from across Europe gather to attend lectures, share ideas, and begin to work on intercultural research projects. The ESS is the platform from which participants enter the EFPSA Junior Researcher Programme – a 12-month research framework within which research projects are conducted. Thirteen previous editions of the ESS have been hosted, all of which were hosted in different countries, with a different theme each year.
Train the Trainers
The TtT is a high quality training event that aims to develop new EFPSA trainers. During the event, participants will learn the basics of planning, delivering, and evaluating training and will develop the attitude and ethics of an EFPSA trainer. The event is an 8-day long event that is to be hosted in a quiet venue which reinforces the nature of the Training event – that of connectedness and a will to learn and grow.
So, what’s in it for you?
The organising committees of these events will get the opportunity to :
- Network with other European Psychology Students and learn about different cultures and experiences.
- Make more International connections
- Get experience with organising events in order to develop yourself.
- Establish Teamwork and Communication skills whilst working within a dynamic team of individuals and with the EFPSA Executive board.
Do not worry, the EFPSA Academy Organising Committee will work closely with the Events Office and Training Office and will receive support of Marketing Office, EFPSA Office and Finance Office.
How do I apply?
- Read the Coordinator Role Description for each event :
- Read the EFPSA Event General Prerequisites Document
- Choose the event that best suits your Member Organisation and the one that you wish to host in your country
- Recruit motivated students from your Member Organisation or university to form the Organising Committee.
- Brainstorm on ideas and plans for the venue, fundraising and more. Ask the Training Office, Events Office and former Organising Committee for help and input if needed!
- Search for possible partnerships with other local student organisations that might be interested in getting involved.
- Download and fill in the Application Form and send it along with your CV and proof of studies to email@example.com until 29th of September 2019 23:59 CEST.
If you have any other comments or questions, feel free to contact Nicole Saliba, Events Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application! Good luck!