The call for the EFPSA Train Advanced Trainers 2019 Trainers’ Team is now open. You can find all the information needed in order to apply within this document. Please read through it carefully before deciding to apply.
What is TAT?
EFPSA TAT aims to professionally develop trainers of European youth organisations. The goal of the eight day event is the acquirement of advanced knowledge on a specifically selected content theme as well as networking between young, experienced trainers from different non-governmental organisations. The event is a call for a selection of talented trainers who want to take their personal competences and their profession to a higher level – giving an opportunity to exchange experiences and collaborate on designing evidence-based practices.
TAT 2019 will take place in Turkey
- Trainers team: 5 experienced trainers and 1 trainers’ coordinator
- Accommodation & catering: Will be provided free of costs for the whole duration of the event.
- Travel reimbursement: we aim for travel reimbursement to be divided over trainers, but more clarity on this will follow
- Participants: 24 advanced trainers from any European youth organisations
Responsibilities of the Trainers’ Team
The TAT Trainers’ Team is responsible for everything related to content and dynamics of the event. There is a wonderful Organising Committee who will take care of logistics.
Being a trainer at TAT means:
- Being actively involved in the planning of the event by:
- Reliably and efficiently communicating and cooperating online (2 or more Skype calls per month starting from December 2018 until April 2019).
- Creating the goals, flow, and schedule of the event.
- Doing profound research on the topic of the event in order to provide evidence-based training sessions.
- Analysing and addressing participant’s learning/developmental needs and goals.
- Establishing criteria and selecting participants.
- Communicating with participants (including facilitation of their pre-event preparation).
- Being fully present and engaged during the event:
- Preparing the core content sessions and framing the spaces for participants’ contributions.
- Hosting a Reflection Group by providing a reflective and supportive environment where a small group of participants can plan, explore, and deepen their learning process through the event.
- Managing the group process and creating a safe learning environment.
- Providing state of the art follow-up by:
- Facilitating the process of collecting all of the insights and ideas generated during TAT, and merging them with the official and unofficial handouts to publish a TAT Handbook.
- Writing reports and high quality evidence-based handouts about all sessions delivered.
- Reliably and efficiently communicating and cooperating on-line to coordinate the evaluation of the event and providing follow-up for participants.
EFPSA TAT is a high quality event aiming to develop advanced trainers. We are thus looking for a highly competent Trainers’ Team in order to bring out the full potential of the event.
If you fulfil the following conditions we would happily receive your application:
- You personally relate to the vision of TAT and you are highly motivated to be part of its creation.
- You have deep and evidence-based knowledge on training design, methods and skills in training or you are willing to invest time to research the topic.
- You have received sound trainer’s education and you have (preferably) several years of experience working internationally and with different youth organisations.
- You have experience working in a team that designed, delivered and evaluated an international training event of at least one week, and/or feel comfortable and competent to do so.
- You can be fully present with training delivery, facilitation & coaching during the entire event (including 2 days before for preparation and 1 day after for evaluation).
- You are available and willing to invest time for online preparation work and follow-up as well as for virtual meetings of the event during the months of December 2018 until March 2019.
- You are willing to actively support the development of The Hive (community of TAT graduates) after the event.
In order for you to apply, we ask you to provide us with four components as part of the application:
- Motivation letter (max. 5000 characters)
Besides your general motivation for being a trainer at TAT, please outline how you relate to the topic of this year’s edition and what your experience is with it as a trainer (e.g. were you involved in any events more linked to personal development? what do you do to create a safe learning environment?).
Please save your letter as a pdf named TATtrainerapplication_yourname_motivationletter.
- Training portfolio
Share with us your experiences of designing and delivering training events. Please structure this summary as an Excel spreadsheet (as a training portfolio) with the following columns: Date(s) – Event or session name – Duration (in days or hours) – Trainer(s) co-delivered with – Topic(s) delivered – Additional information (if needed).
If you have experience related to the topic specifically, please describe these experiences separately and more extensively.
Please save the portfolio as an excel spreadsheet named TATtrainerapplication_yourname_portfolio.
- Training outline
Write a (brief) session outline on a topic of your choice related to this year’s theme for a mixed group of 24 participants from different NGO’s, with varying levels of experiences. Keep in mind that this session outline does not have to be perfect – we’re interested in your ideas, the gist of the goals, content and activities you have in mind. If you’re lacking any information you’d need for designing the session, feel free to make it up.
Please save the outline named TATtrainerapplication_yourname_outline. Choose the format you see fit to present best your ideas.
- Your CV (max. 2 pages)
Please save your CV as a pdf named TATtrainerapplication_yourname_CV.
When all parts are ready, zip them in a folder and email it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org until 19th of November 2018, 23:59 CET. Note that only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
If your application is considered for the second round of application procedure, we will invite you for a 30 minute skype meeting. Please make sure to keep on of those evenings free. You will be continuously notified about the status of your application. Final results are expected by 28th of November 2018 23:59 CET.
For any clarifications and suggestions do not hesitate to contact us at the above email addresses.