“Learning is experience. Everything else is just information.” – Albert Einstein
What do you think about hosting an event in which you can meet friends from all over Europe, get inspired by their experience and motivation, learn more about training in NGO’s, help young trainers reach their goal of life-long learning and receive some free training sessions yourself? What would you say if it was possible to organise the 3rd edition of EFPSA’s famous Train Advanced Trainers and get in contact with trainers from different NGO’s all over Europe?
…Yes? Lucky you!…
After our first two successful editions in Lithuania and Finland, EFPSA is now opening the Call for applications for an organising committee (Org.com) to host the 3rd EFPSA Train Advanced Trainers in March 2016. At this 8-day event of non-formal education, 25 – 30 youth NGO trainers further develop their skills and knowledge through receiving training from both professionals and their peers, and also through delivering sessions and receiving valuable feedback. TAT enables trainers to grow professionally, heighten their motivation, establish a network, share experiences and make lifelong friendships.
So what’s in it for you? The Org.com of TAT will have the opportunity to:
- Bring together many NGO’s and get a look on the inside of other NGO’s
- Contribute to the development of 25 – 30 European Youth Trainers
- Network with some of the best European Youth Trainers and have the possibility to contact them in the future for trainings in your own association
- The possibility to organise an Open Training Day (OTD) with the trainers who participate in TAT and thus contribute to the development of local students
- Participate free of charge at the workshops happening on the Open Training Day and possibly more
- Get experience with organising a training event in order to develop yourself as an aspiring trainer
The TAT is a crucial event for EFPSA and organisers will work closely alongside the EFPSA Board of Management, Events Officer and EFPSA Training Office with the support of other elements of EFPSA including the Marketing and Finance Offices, to ensure the host team is well supported throughout their mandate. A bonus we offer you this year is support in the fundraising for this event from EFPSA’s Training Office and from external contacts.
Some tips to get you started:
- Check the website of the former TAT’s to see what TAT is about
- Recruit students from your Member Organisation or university who are motivated to form the Org.com.
- Brainstorm on ideas and plans for the venue, topic, fundraising and more. Ask the Training Office, Events Office and former Org.com for help and input if needed!
- Search for possible partnerships with other local student organisations that might be interested in getting involved.
- Download and fill in the application form attached here and send it to email@example.com.
- Appoints and manages the local Organising Committee (Org.com)
- Responsible for finding an appropriate TAT venue
- Responsible for fundraising for the event
- Help for establishing (in collaboration with the Training Office) partnerships with other local student organisations.
- Responsible for the budget/financial decisions
- Responsible for logistics during the TAT (food, training materials, excursion, social program, health support, support of trainers & participants concerning arrival/departure and everything happening on spot).
Deadline for applying for the hosting application is May 18th 2015, 23:59 (CET)
We are looking forward to your applications! Good luck!
EFPSA’s Training Office