In view of the response from PhD students across Europe, the ESS team has taken the decision to extend the […]
Are you wondering what this event is all about? The EFPSA Congress is an intense week with a scientific, cultural […]
The application process for Students is not yet open
We will accept applications from students from the beginning of April 2012. You will be able to apply easily by completing the appropriate form (not yet available) and submitting it together with your CV to the ESS team.
For full details of how to apply as a student participant for ESS 2012 please use the tab to the right: click How to apply > Student Participants
The application process for Research Supervisors is open
We are currently accepting applications from Ph.D. students to fill six Research Supervisor positions. We will accept valid applications on a rolling basis until February 29th. Once positions have been filled, or the deadline reached, the application procedure will end.
To apply as a Research Supervisor, and for full details of the application process please use the tab to the right: click How to apply > Supervisor
If you have any general questions about applications, please send an email to email@example.com
This application process is open
We are currently accepting applications from Ph.D. students to fill six Research Supervisor positions. We will accept valid
applications on a rolling basis until February 29th. Once positions have been filled, or the deadline reached, the application
procedure will end.
To apply as a Research Supervisor you should download and read the Supervisor information pack detailing the position you
are applying for (including eligibility) as well as containing specifics on what to include in your research proposal. You will then
need to complete the following three steps:
- Send us a completed Research Proposal (max.400 words)
- Send us a short statement of motivation (max.300 words)
- Send us a copy of your CV (with research experiences)
Candidates may be invited to a Skype meeting with a member of the ESS team and the Director of Research to discuss specifics
of research proposals and any other outstanding details. Please ensure you are a valid candidate by checking the criteria listed
in the Supervisor information pack.
Applying as a Research Supervisor
Becoming an ESS Research Supervisor provides you a unique opportunity for academic and personal development.
You will be given the chance to design and conduct a cross-cultural research in a field of your choosing, leading a group
of bright, young and highly motivated undergraduate students in the process.
Role of an ESS Research Supervisor
– To supply methodological and technical expertise on the research project from the outset
– To plan for and run research group sessions during the summer school
– To continue work on the study after the ESS: oversee data collection and analysis
– To ensure the Research Project culminates in a written report
Criteria for applications from candidates
– Candidates must be in their second or further year of Ph.D. study or have already graduated
– Candidates must communicate fluently in English (written and spoken)
– Candidates should display high leadership abilities and research experience
(More details on what we look for in candidates and the recruitment process can be found in the Supervisor application information pack by clicking here)