““Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn”
~ Benjamin Franklin
What do you think about hosting an event in which you can meet friends from all over Europe, get inspired by their experience and motivation, learn more about training in NGO’s, help young trainers reach their goal of life-long learning and receive some free training sessions yourself? What would you say if it was possible to organise the 6th edition of EFPSA’s famous Train Advanced Trainers and get in contact with trainers from different NGOs all over Europe?
“Working in the Organisng Committee for the past year gave me more skills and a sharper mindset, than any other student volunteering activity I was involved” ~ Niki Soulioti (Train Advanced Trainers 2018 Head of Administration)
Does that sound exciting? Lucky you!
After our first five successful editions in Lithuania, Finland, Poland, Portugal and Cyprus, EFPSA is now opening the Call for applications for the Coordinator and Organising Committee (Org.Com) of the 6th EFPSA Train Advanced Trainers in March 2019. During this 8-day event of non-formal education, 24 youth NGO trainers further develop their skills and knowledge by receiving training from both professionals and their peers, and also through delivering sessions, receiving feedback and doing reflection. TAT enables trainers to grow professionally, heighten their motivation, establish a network, share experiences and make lifelong friendships.
So what’s in it for you? The Organising Committee of TAT will have the unique opportunity to:
- Bring together people from many NGO’s and get a look on the inside of other NGO’s
- Contribute to the development of 24 European Youth Trainers
- Network with some of the best European Youth Trainers and have the possibility to contact them in the future for trainings in your own association
- The possibility to organise and attend an Open Training Day (OTD) with the Trainers who participate in TAT and thus contribute to the development of local students
- Participate at a number of training sessions in the event
- Get experience with organising a training event in order to develop yourself as an aspiring trainer
EFPSA Train Advanced Trainers Organising Committee will work closely with the Events Office and Training Office and have the support of Marketing, Finance and EFPSA Offices.
Some tips to get you started:
- Check the website of the former TATs to see what TAT is about.
- Read the TAT Coordinator Role Description and the General Prerequisites Document.
- Recruit motivated students from your Member Organisation or university to form the Organising Committee.
- Brainstorm on ideas and plans for the venue, topic, fundraising and more. Ask the Training Office, Events Office and former Org.Com for help and input if needed!
- Search for possible partnerships with other local student organisations that might be interested in getting involved.
- Download and fill the application form and send it along with your CV and proof of studies to email@example.com until Sunday 29th April 2018 23:59 (CET).
If you have any other comments or questions, feel free to contact Andreas Anthimou, Events Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your applications! Good luck!