We are happy to announce that the call for participants for the fourth edition of EFPSA Train Advanced Trainers (TAT) is now open until the 18th of January, 23:59 CET.
TAT 2017 will take place in the beautiful surroundings of Porto, Portugal between the 18th and 26th of March, 2017, under the title of ‘Making Your Impact Last – Creating Effective Trainings’. All the participants will be invited to deliver trainings to volunteers who will hold a cycle of workshops for high-school students addressing the topics of cultural, racial, gender and disability discrimination. This event is a part of work plan “Empowering youth for building more inclusive societies”, which is funded by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe.
- Participants: 30 advanced trainers from any European youth organisations
- Dates for participants: 18th to 26th March, 2017
- Participation fee: €60
- Travel reimbursement: €120
What is TAT?
EFPSA TAT aims to professionally develop trainers of European youth organisations. The core goal of the eight day event is the acquirement of advanced knowledge on a specifically selected content theme as well as networking between young, experienced trainers from different non-governmental organisations. The event is a call for a selection of talented trainers who want to take their personal competences and their profession to a higher level – giving an opportunity to exchange experiences and collaborate on designing evidence-based practices.
‘Making Your Impact Last – Creating Effective Trainings’
This year the event will revolve around the art and science of extending the impact of our trainings under the title “Making Your Impact Last – Creating Effective Trainings”.
Impactful trainings do not start when participants enter the room and end when concluding a session. As trainers, we want the learning outcomes for our participants to last far beyond the training room. But how can we assure and measure that our trainings have the impact we wish for? During TAT 2017 we will synthesise cutting edge research into an actionable and evidence-based framework around the following questions:
Who can apply?
The call is open for any young individual, aged 18 to 35, who is involved in initiatives, projects or organisations; and for whom a key factor for individual and organisational growth is transferring knowledge, experiences and best practices.
- Have graduated a Train the Trainers event or equivalent, and have been active in the past years in youth work;
- Have been active as a trainer locally or internationally and can provide a portfolio of delivered trainings that demonstrates that at least 30 hours of training have been delivered ( hours, topics, etc.)
- Be willing to contribute to the event. For instance by delivering a session on a topic related to Impact Creation during TAT.
- Be available between 18th and 26th of March.
- Additionally preferable: Have already started or be interested in pursuing a training career in youth work.
How to apply?
|In order to apply to this event, we ask you:
* To fill in this form until the 18th January 2017, 23:59 CET.
* To send us your CV pointing out the TtT you have graduated, all the activities, initiatives, international projects you’ve been involved in within and/or outside your organisation.
* Provide us with your Training Portfolio (an example for the portfolio can be found here)
Do also take into consideration that, once selected, preparation work will be expected from you before the event.
For any clarifications and suggestions do not hesitate to contact the TAT 2017 Trainers’ Coordinator, Mara Milena Suter, on firstname.lastname@example.org.